- Members may book a court up to 7 days in advance
- Members must show their opponent's name on the booking sheets. This is vital for contact tracing; your court will be cancelled if no opponent is entered before you play. If playing a guest or solo-practicing please select those from the list on the website.
- Members are allowed 5 free guests per membership year, any further guests cost £10 each and must play during clubhouse opening hours.
- Members playing on a court that has not been booked in their name before going on the court may be asked to leave the court.
- Squash players must bring non-marking court shoes and change shoes courtside.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that any guests have appropriate footwear.
- Members are not allowed to book courts for both sports at the same.
- Peak times are from 5 pm onwards, Monday – Friday for Squash and Tennis Courts.
- Off-Peak times for Squash & Tennis courts are before 5pm Monday – Friday and anytime on weekends.
- Juniors can book and play during peak hours if booked on the day.
- Squash Courts:
- Maximum 1 peak-time booking per member per day.
- Maximum 1 off-peak booking per member per day.
- Please turn off heaters & lights when finished playing.
- Tennis Courts:
- Only three half-hour tennis bookings per member per day
- Please turn off lights when finished playing if last one on.
- Guests must play with a member.
- Members are also reminded that they must log their Guests in the Visitors Book behind the bar.
- The guest fee is to be paid on the day.
- If a member is found to be playing guests without paying the relevant guest fee they may be subjected to a reprimand from the club's committee or hearing regarding their actions.
Non-Members and Visitors
- Please contact the club to book courts or discuss visitor memberships on 01326 311056
- Members are encouraged to cancel a court as soon as possible so that the court may be used by other members.
- Courts cancelled more than 24 hours in advance are acceptable.
- Courts cancelled within 24 hours carry a penalty if not utilised (re-booked) by another member (see below).
- Please see the membership rates & benefits section of our website for current restrictions based on your membership category
Penalties & Fines
- If a member does not show up, cancels a court within 24 hrs of the booking date (and it is not re-booked by another member), or books a court for both sports at the same time, 3 times in one month without an extenuating reason. Then their booking privileges will be revoked for 2 weeks. Members will then have 2 months' probation period during which if they do not play on a booked court or if they cancel 3 times during this period with less than 24 hours' notice, then their booking privileges will be revoked for a minimum of one month and they will be fined £20. Booking privileges will only be reinstated once the one month has expired and the fine is paid (when this occurs it will take a day or two for that member to be reinstated). If you have an extenuating reason for missing your booked court please contact Committee Member, Jerry Thomas, (details in the directory).